Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

10th Battalion Royal Warwickshire Regiment

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colette

Colette Report 24 Jan 2014 13:55

Hi
Has anyone come across any photographs of the 10th Battalion Royal Warwickshire Regiment, 57th Brigade 19th Western Division.

I have been researching my Great Uncle Regimental Sergeant Major Edward Joseph Pratt b 1875 Westwood Stoneleigh nr Coventry and have acquired a lot of information, but alas no photograph of him or the battalion.
If anyone else is researching THIS BATTALION AND COME ACCROSS A PHOTO please remember me..

Regards Colette

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Jan 2014 15:04

Have you tried the Regimental Museum? They have a "contact us" page on the website and may have photographs. It would be worth contacting them to ask:-

http://www.warwickfusiliers.co.uk/

Kath. x

Colette

Colette Report 24 Jan 2014 20:57

Hi I have contacted them they said they could look into all they have at a cost of £20 My Edward was a long service man joined the 1st Battalion in 1892 and fought in the Sudan War in 1898 he retired in 1913 after 21 years, then was called back to join the 10th.

I may take up their offer £10 seems ok

Colette