Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Loyal Regiment North Lancashire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 2 Feb 2014 19:29

Any records of soldier number 3864528 Died 1940. In Army Roll of Honour

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Feb 2014 19:34

What records are you looking for?

A name would help.

from what decade

when and where born would be even better

Roy

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Feb 2014 19:37

I see you have edited/added to your OP

WW2 records are still held by the MOD, you can apply for them at a cost of £30 and they take around 6 to 9 months to arrive

see https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-personal-data-and-service-records

Roy

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Feb 2014 20:58

I understand that your new to the boards so welcome,

As you have not answered my questions despite amending your thread between my posts

This looks a likely candidate

BOND, LEONARD ALBERT
Rank:Lance CorporalService No:3864528Date of Death:22/12/1940Age:28Regiment/Service:The Loyal Regiment (North Lancashire)Grave ReferenceSec. 20. C. of E. Grave 1577.CemeteryLIVERPOOL (ANFIELD) CEMETERY
Additional Information:

Husband of Mary Bond, of Anfield, Liverpool.

If this is your man (i asume it is as you share his surname) then use the link i provided in my post 2 Feb 2014 19:37 to obtain his service records, As i stated his records are still held by the MOD and no web site will have them regadles of their claims to the contrary, That is the only way for you to progress.

Roy