Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for Tony Rutter Ex RAF.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Aug 2015 22:56

Hi I am looking for Corporal Tony Rutter, stationed at Honington, Suffolk, in 1964, will now be in his 70,s, if you know him or have any information about him could you please let me know, as his son would like to meet him. Una.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Aug 2015 23:41

Have you tried ForcesReunited? Someone on there might recognize his name.

Kath. x

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Aug 2015 09:23

Hi Kathleen Bell, Yes I tried, the name Tony Rutter came up but for some unknown reason when I clicked on it, it put up error page, tried 3 times, so his name as Tony Rutter is up, but just can,t get to it, bit of a bummer, mind I am not the best on a PC only learned to use one a few years ago, x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 30 Aug 2015 11:57

There are 6 Tony Rutter's but you have to be a member and log on to see the info. You do not have to have served in the armed forces to be a member. :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Aug 2015 14:54

Hi, PatnCyprus,, Will join site, to check them out, . Una..

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Oct 2015 09:49

Still searching, now found out name Anthony Rutter, on military site someone who served at RAF Honington stationed at same time answered but does not remember him, :-( he was born in 1934 so that makes him about 81 years old now, been going through family trees, he had 2 brothers but they are dead, and family seem too know nothing about him, been trying to contact family member of youngest brother but no reply. at the moment assumed missing. :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Oct 2015 20:43

where was he born please?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Oct 2015 23:57

FreeBmd shows only one birth in 1934 with the same spelling. No middle name. That was in Medway reg district, Kent.

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Oct 2015 08:22

Hi,
I have traced on Genes Reunited that he was born Anthony Rutter, Medway DOB 1934, Had Brother Guy, and half brother Nigel Songhurst, all appear to have been in the military, Nigel and Guy are deceased, when I knew him his parents lived in West Malling, but on tracing family Mother died in Penzance Cornwall, nothing about Anthony Rutter on Family Tree, have left messages on Family trees but no replies, left messages on FB no replies,
In 1964 I was told that he was posted to Christmas Islands, ( bad place to be then as they tested the Atom bombs there ) I have always thought it is possible he possibly died some years later of radiation poisoning or cancer, but I need to find him or confirm that he is dead for his son, TY

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Oct 2015 06:06

Update, I spent yesterday checking out deaths, from 1964 to date, he is not dead, then marriages, one remote possible, nothing on military site come up, keep coming up empty of info, ............... :-(

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 10 Oct 2015 08:32

Could he have emigrated. I know when I've suddenly" lost" people/families they often have emigrated.

Some servicemen in the late 60s early 70s did exchanges with Australians so went for a couple of years to see if they liked it. It is still going on as I was quite surprised when someone I know told me that her son, who is in the navy, was doing an exchange and is in Australia now. He wants to stay there and is in the process of applying to stay. :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Oct 2015 09:15

You are right my cousin when he come out of Navy settled in NZ then about 15 years ago moved to Australia, no idea where, will have to sort out how to search, its a big country, thanks for a new idea. :-)