Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RAF stationed in Calcutta, Bengal 1930's Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sharryjepson

sharryjepson Report 13 Oct 2015 13:37

I am trying to trace my Grandad Harold Blakeley (born 1902 Bradford) RAF squadron/Record - service number - 11283613 but have no idea who he was stationed with. He was serving in Calcutta, Bengal India in 1932 with the RAF and married Kathleen Schorn. I have never seen a photo of him and wondered if anyone might know the squadron he was with so that I might find a squadron photo of him. Kind regards, Sharry xxxxxx

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Oct 2015 17:36

One option would be to purchase a copy of his service record for £30. They will still be with the MOD/RAF

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Oct 2015 17:43

http://www.rafweb.org/Organsation/Cmd_O3.htm
RAF India

It does have a link further down the page.......
Listings of units and personnel controlled by this Command available in the Member Areas
You can post as a Guest. Unfortunately, none that are already there have been replied to.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Oct 2015 18:01

Royal Air Force airmen service records 1912-1939 are supposed to be on Findmypast.
The closest listed by name are

Blakeley, Harry b1883
Blakeley Henry Patrick, b1898

If Harold continued to serve in WW2, his records are definately with the RAF/MOD.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 14 Oct 2015 13:16

Welcome to the Community Boards sharryjepson

(I'll let sharryjepson knowhow to find their replies) :-)

sharryjepson

sharryjepson Report 14 Oct 2015 13:40

Thank you for your replies, am new to all this computer lark so I do apologie if I have not answered you xxx