Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PUGH Reginald Alfred Vivian

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TracyJames

TracyJames Report 16 Mar 2016 05:41

Hi Everyone

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me locate the military record for my great uncle Reginald Alfred Viivian PUGH who was born 20 Oct 1896 Cardiff, Glamorgan, Wales and died 1979 Surrey, England

I've been told by an older family member that Reg was in the Queens Guard or Welsh Fusiliers but so far haven't found any military record for him.

Appreciate your help...
Kind Regards
Tracy
New Zealand

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Mar 2016 09:13

This is the only thing I can find for a Reginald A. Pugh (it's a medal card) but has no second middle initial:-

First name(s) Reginald A
Last name Pugh
Service number GS/51351
Rank Private
Corps Royal Fusiliers
Service record Soldier Number: GS/51351, Rank: Private, Corps: Royal Fusiliers
Archive reference WO372/16
Archive reference description Campaign Medal Index Cards and Silver War Badge Cards
Country Great Britain
Image link http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/Details?uri=D4740436
Record set World War One British Army medal index cards
Category Military, armed forces & conflict
Subcategory First World War
Collections from Great Britain

About 70% of WW1 records were destroyed in a fire so you may not find his records at all.

EDIT - This is not the Reginald you are looking for. I have just seen your post about this person on "Find Ancestors" board. It would be best if you deleted this thread and stick with the other one or people will duplicate searches.

Kath. x

TracyJames

TracyJames Report 16 Mar 2016 09:22

Thanks for your help Kath.....

It was suggested I post here when I placed other thread so sorry for the muck up .

Cheers
Tracy

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 16 Mar 2016 09:22

To be fair, it was on that other thread that it was suggested that Tracy start another thread on here

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1358689

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Mar 2016 09:46

Sorry Tracy - I didn't read the whole thread on Find Ancestors. Just thought that there was more information on that thread.

Kath. x

TracyJames

TracyJames Report 16 Mar 2016 19:29

No worries at all ;-)

Have a great day
Tracy

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Mar 2016 00:52

Not sure if this is the same as has been posted elsewhere, but his name and regimental number brings up the following result

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C14025643
Name: Reginald Alfred Vivian Pugh . Regimental number: 2826 .
9 images to be downloaded at a cost of £3.45

Name: Reginald Alfred Vivian Pugh. Regimental number: 2826.
Date: [1856-1919]
Held by: The National Archives, Kew

Context of this record
All departments
WO - Records created or inherited by the War Office, Armed Forces, Judge Advocate General, and related bodies
Records of the Armed Forces from commands, headquarters, regiments and corps
WO 400 - Soldiers' Documents: The Household Cavalry
2ND LIFE GUARDS, SERIES TWO, 1856-1919
WO 400/143 - Price, Richard - Quinton, James (described at item level)
WO 400/143/2826 - Name: Reginald Alfred Vivian Pugh . Regimental number: 2826 .

Edit - The records *are* available on Findmypast (also Genes) for those who have a subscription. Gins already posted the transcript and read the images.
If you have a full Genes sub, just make sure to use 1893 as the year of birth.

TracyJames

TracyJames Report 17 Mar 2016 04:45

Thanks Detective, yes they are one and the same but thanks for taking time to do a search ;-)