Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dispatch Riders

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Veronica

Veronica Report 28 Mar 2016 20:15

Can anyone advise me how to trace dispatch riders please?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 28 Mar 2016 22:10

Hello Vera, perhaps if you can give an idea of dates and the context people might be able to come up with something for you.

Is there someone in particular that you're trying to find out about?

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 29 Mar 2016 16:42

Welcome to the Community boards Vera.

(I'll let Vera know how to find her reply) :-)

Veronica

Veronica Report 2 Apr 2016 19:50

I am investigating my uncle, Edward/Eddie Brown, born 1908 in Sheffield who was a dispatch rider in WW2. This is as far as I can go.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 2 Apr 2016 21:29

You could have a look here to find out how to order his service records (WW2 records are still with the MOD and are not online):-

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/requests-for-personal-data-and-service-records

They cost £30 and there is sometimes a bit of a wait. You have to meet certain criteria before ordering.

Kath. x

Veronica

Veronica Report 3 Apr 2016 10:12

Thank you Kath - one of the difficulties is that I can't bring his name up under military records in GR. Yet I know he did the service, Veronica x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Apr 2016 12:09

As I said before Veronica - you won't find his service records online as they will still be with the MOD.

Kath. x

Veronica

Veronica Report 3 Apr 2016 15:35

Thanks Kath - I've understood now! Veronica x