Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Army Inteligence in India WW2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

orewabrian

orewabrian Report 14 Aug 2016 04:12

My wife's mother Laura Da Silva, was evacuated from Singapore to India 1943. She was very quickly promoted to a Staff Sergeant due to the work she was doing at the time, and was an encoder in Ramnagar Fort Bareilly possibly in Army Intelligence . She encoded secret messages for a high ranking officer.

We do know she was there for the duration of WW2 and have a photo of her in uniform but cannot find anything of her service.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jacky and Brian Worsfold

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Aug 2016 11:29

WW2 service records are still with the MOD and are not online. Have a look here to find out how to order them:-

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/requests-for-personal-data-and-service-records

The records will cost £30 and take up to quite a few months to arrive.

Kath. x

orewabrian

orewabrian Report 16 Aug 2016 00:00

Hi Kath
Many thanks for your help. I now know where to go (when I win Lotto)
Unfortunately, as a superannuate, that price is out of my reach for now.
Thank you again

Regards

Brian Worsfold