Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has anyone seen my Willie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 1 Jul 2004 18:29

Hi all, Can anyone do a search on the 1861/71 census for me. I do have access to ancestry.com but unfortunately their 1871 census is not complete. I am looking for my g/grandfather William LAMB. I have his marriage certificate which states he was 22 when he married my g/grandmother Susan Bruce who was 23 in Nov 1874 Bethnal Green. I also have 1881 1891 and 1901 census for them. The various census records states that he was born in Homerton and Hackney I believe Homerton to be in Hackney. The address on the marriage cert is (William) 58 Barnet Street and (Susan) 62 Barnet Street. I know they were married in Bethnal Green but not sure if Barnet Street is in Hackney or Bethnal Green. William's father was a William also, (Gardener). Susan Bruce's fathers name was Elijah Bruce c.1808 (Builder) mother Charlotte c. 1811. Susan was born in West Malling, Kent as was Charlotte. Susan had a lot of siblings here are a few Henry c1848, Cornelius c.1846 both born Kent, Edward Peter c. 1843 born StepneyI do hope someone can help as I have been looking for this family for ages. Thanks very much and look forward to the replies. best regards, Sharon

Kevin

Kevin Report 1 Jul 2004 19:07

What was the name of William's father?

Sharon

Sharon Report 1 Jul 2004 21:12

Hi Kevin, Williams father was William thats all I know about him. It states that on the marriage cert I have. Hope you can help Sharon

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 22:25

Sharon Homerton is in Hackney borough to the North East. Bethnal Green is to the South West. My modern London map shows a Barnett Street (two ts) in Whitechapel, south of Bethnal Green. Helen

Sharon

Sharon Report 2 Jul 2004 17:53

Thanks helen, Its states on the marriage cert Barnet with one T. I have since found out this was changed into Birdcage Walk but still I have had no luck finding them. Thanks anyway Sharon