Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Walter Weston Obrien

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 9 Sep 2010 22:47

I Would like to thank all the helpers that helped me trace my father in laws father. My F.I.Law never knew his dad he was born in 1913 his mother was a widow Alice OBrien. I sent for his birth certificate and it said father unknown but after much searching and with the help of your helpers I finally found his dad . His father was living next door to his mother and he took his name of Walter Weston. Your researchers came up with army records of Walters father being killed in 1914 and Alice collecting his medals which proved that he was my f.i.Law father. So I am not a Obrien but a Weston its a funny feeling but its been worth while so a big thank Choccy , Wilma and friends xxx