Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A Lost Great Uncle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 13 Sep 2010 22:23

I have suddenly found a great crowd of new relatives in Chile and the USofA. It came about by accident when the name of my Uncle was googled which in turn referred to a list of Brits who had settled in South America. My Uncle had applied for Naturalization in Chile in 1922. I checked on skype and suddenly found a host of Kirkwoods on there and I proceeded to message each of them. To my surprise came a reply a day or so later which said, 'I send you Greetings from the Great Grandson of Thomas Hogarth Kirkwood.' It was an amazing turn of fortune after trying every other avenue to find him. So do not give up