Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Time for some more halo polishing!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 17 Sep 2010 19:45

Some more thanks to my buddies from Trying to Find.
To Maureen NY and LouBricant formerly W/T: for records about William Ponton the Chelsea Pensioner.
Once again to Ann the great and good military expert for all the info about my grandfather in WWI and beyond, and other things before and no doubt after.
To Michael D who insists on sending me PMs (which we all know drive me crazy!!) but who cracked the case on where my Wiltshire grx3 grandfather was in 1841 by finding him marrying in Scotland! where I would simply never have thought to look.
And once again to everyone who has pitched in over the years on my TTF Monck surname board post about gr-grf Ernest Hill/Monck, even to AuntySherlock who horned in with her own gr-grf of the same name. ;)
And to all the other regulars who make the family history boards such an informative and entertaining place.
And to [C.H.] of the many many many Green threads: you're welcome from me!
Everyone likes to be recognized for the devotion and dedication we "volunteer helpers" put into other member's hunts for ancestors and family, so don't forget to name names (usernames, of course), friends.