Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My additional family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn Report 31 Dec 2010 20:15

Why its taken me two years to thank GR I dont know. In Jan 2008 I managed to get into the 1911 census and found my dad and a brother I knew nothing off. I posted them on my tree and days afterwards I was contacted from my cousin - daughter of my dads step brother who had been listed on the census. Sheila has told me so much about her family and mine - things I would never have known without her. I have also found out from Malcolm in Perth Australia we are distantly related - he visited me and other distant cousin this summer. Meryl has been a great help and sent me a photograph of my grandma's brother, his wife and nine children. The list of contacts is endless - only yesterday Nigel contacted me to say he is also connected. You just never know when it will happen so keep checking your messages. Oh and I also found a work colleage from the 80's through FR.
Many thanks

Gwen