Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Daughter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Adele

Adele Report 24 Feb 2011 21:31

Thanks to Genes reunited. I have just found my daughter who was adopted at 2 weeks of age. I have been trying to find her for years now with no luck. I registered on adoption lists and tried several web searches. She would be 44yrs of age now .Last week some family members came to visit us in Australia and said friends would like to get in touch and this website was used a lot in England called Friends United.
I noticed there was a Genes United site so decided to start doing a family tree.
While doing this I bought $20.00 worth credits and just thought I would type my daughters name in with my maiden name. It came up with 2 searches for that name. One place of birth was where she was born. I contacted the person who had registered this and asked permission to find out about this listing, explaining why I wanted to know.
Within 15min I had a response to say she was my daughter and had also been looking for me for years to no avail.The emotion is incredible as she has 2 half sisters here and a half brother and 7 nieces and nephews. We have since spoken and hope one day to get to meet up. I also have another grandson in England ,her son. I can only thank you for this site and I hope others are as fortunate as I am Adele Crowley