Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Theresa (Cork, Ireland)'s success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Theresa (Cork, Ireland) 157164

Theresa (Cork, Ireland) 157164 Report 18 Sep 2003 21:50

Not a personal success but as far as I am concerned a success due to GC!!!! I was talking to a friend last night who mentioned she had been searching for her G.Grandfather in the UK for nearly 30 years. I offered to do a search on 1837, but to no avail. I thought , 'what the hell, give GC a search'. Boy I wish I had started here. The name and DoB was here and of course I made contact on my friends behalf. All I can say is a big thankyou to GC and especially to Nick, if you read this you will know who you are. He replied this morning and yes it must be the same family. My friend is thrilled to find her G.Grandads siblings, none were previously known! His parents and more generations beyond that!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL IN UNDER 24 HOURS! You have made a lady very happy, she is an experienced Geneologist and was beginning to give up hope. As for me I got a real buzz helping someone and hopefully it will be a wonderful outcome! Thanks GC and Nick for making my day!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx