Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter Burns' success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 18 Sep 2003 23:09

Hi there, I started my Husband's Family Tree for something to do as my Dad was already doing our side. His parents had both died before he was 10 years old. We had no info at all on my husband's parents except that his Mum was born in Burma and his Dad was possibly from Scotland. I started it all about 4 years ago and kept hitting brick walls. Then his older sister found his dad's BC and he was from Northumberland!. From there things went uphill then hit the brick wall again so I gave up for a couple of years. Earlier this year I joined GC and all I can say is WOW!! I have already contacted two 3rd cousins and a man who has "common" relatives to my husband. I keep finding new names that might link everytime I look in. Just waiting to find a 1st cousin to call and then we should be on a heck of a roll. I started this tree with just my husband and his 5 brothers and sisters - now we have about 700 people in there. Now that is what I call progress! Well done GC - Great site - Keep up the good work