Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family found after 64 yrs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 12 May 2011 19:21

a huge thank you to all the researchers out there with a wealth of knowledge and a massive store of patience.
after 64 yrs of hoping one day I would find my fathers family it finally happened.my father died when I was but 2 months old.
I have been searching for about 6yrs on this site and from very sound advise eventually went to the local records office and found baptism records, my Dad had 9 siblings. what next!
the longing to find a living rellie, to no avail, time to accept it wasn,t going to happen.
time to cancel the subscription. I went on line to cancel and there in black and white from a diligent you man, my second cousin, claiming me as family was a message to contact.
since then I have met with one of my Dads brothers, have got photos of my Dad with his brothers and parents and have been entertained by family stories.
it,s great a sense of belonging at last.
dont give up ever it will happen
good luck to you all
Terry