Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Teresa Kiernan's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Sep 2003 18:59

I was adopted 46 years ago and after 5 years and many lucky breaks together with a few white lies I traced my natural mother who was living in Poland. I had always been told that my father was married and had no children or other living relatives. I joined your site to see whether I could get any info on his ancestors and within a week I discovered that I have a half sister who is 23 years older than me and didn't know I existed and a nephew and niece only two and four years younger than me. I am meeting them for the first time next weekend and I have made a lot of people very happy. Thanks GC if it hadn't been for you I wouldn't have even tried.