Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Barthram and Millen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 1 Jul 2011 15:16

After searching for a very long time I have found the marriage of my gt gt gt grandparents James Barthram and Lydia Millen in 1838 in Bloomsbury,London (Middlesex).They had been together for some time before their marriage.For that reason I hadnt looked at this marriage record until a lady on this website suggested it.Eldest son James was baptised in 1821.Second son John was baptised in 1833.A daughter Emma seems to have died in infancy.I have no idea why they didnt marry before.They are shown as bachelor and spinster on the marriage certificate.Their eldest son James went on to use the name Millen and so maybe wasnt sure who his father was.I hope someone finds this helpful.