Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lynne Woolford's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 28 Oct 2003 00:41

What an amazing site Genesconnected is ...... i was adopted as a baby in 1970 and had a great life .Decided to do a family tree for my family .Because i put my name at birth it went into the Blandamer list of names and a man contacted me to ask which Blandamers i was related to ,i told him i didn't know .but gave him details date of birth etc. He asked his aunty if she knew anyone who had a baby in 1970 etc. And imagine his shock when she told him "your mum". I have found out i have an older half brother ,a younger full brother and an even younger half brother ,which i didn't know exsisted and they didn't know about me !! The sad part is (our) birth mother died 16 yrs ago ,she brought the younger brothers up . But the older half brother and myself were given up for adoption . I have since met the younger 2 brothers (an emotional ,nervous but fantastic experience),they are so pleased to have a sister and they are the nicest men i could ever wish for to have as brothers . We just need to find the older brother ,to complete our jigsaw ! But we are all so happy ,so thankyou genesconnected xx Update ..... I have had a wonderdul xmas with my new brothers ,a sister-in-law and a cute 2yr old niece and i have met my birth mothers husband ,my birth mothers 2 sisters and brother and a couple of cousins ...but i have been told i have still loads of cousins who want to meet me .......2004 is going to be very busy with all the extended family thnaks again to 1 e-mail from genesconnected !!! best wishes for 2004 xx