Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lynne Woolford's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 28 Oct 2003 00:41

What an amazing site Genesconnected is ...... i was adopted as a baby in 1970 and had a great life .Decided to do a family tree for my family .Because i put my name at birth it went into the Blandamer list of names and a man contacted me to ask which Blandamers i was related to ,i told him i didn't know .but gave him details date of birth etc. He asked his aunty if she knew anyone who had a baby in 1970 etc. And imagine his shock when she told him "your mum". I have found out i have an older half brother ,a younger full brother and an even younger half brother ,which i didn't know exsisted and they didn't know about me !! The sad part is (our) birth mother died 16 yrs ago ,she brought the younger brothers up . But the older half brother and myself were given up for adoption . I have since met the younger 2 brothers (an emotional ,nervous but fantastic experience),they are so pleased to have a sister and they are the nicest men i could ever wish for to have as brothers . We just need to find the older brother ,to complete our jigsaw ! But we are all so happy ,so thankyou genesconnected xx Update ..... I have had a wonderdul xmas with my new brothers ,a sister-in-law and a cute 2yr old niece and i have met my birth mothers husband ,my birth mothers 2 sisters and brother and a couple of cousins ...but i have been told i have still loads of cousins who want to meet me .......2004 is going to be very busy with all the extended family thnaks again to 1 e-mail from genesconnected !!! best wishes for 2004 xx