Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

helped me find my deceased fathers family.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

marc

marc Report 10 Dec 2011 16:52

I was born in 1980 I've never met my dad and was told that he died back in 1981 and he never told his siblings that he had a child at all but then he died before he was able to tell them, i was brought by my mum and i didn't know that i had a different father than my bro, i was then told when i was old enough that i had a father and was given very brief details, and i have been everywhere and almost exhausted the list trying to find him so i came on here (genes reunited) and just searched for anyone with his surname then sent all of them a message then a lovely lady sent me a message after a while giving me a list of people that is on record with his name and told me the most likely possibility of one particular person who was his sister so i sent a letter to her with a reply saying that the details that i had put in my letter matched her brother perfectly so thanks to genes reunited for making my family and my life complete. Highly recommended a********************************************