Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Met my brother thanks to GR

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bryn

Bryn Report 2 Jan 2012 12:24

Okay, sorry it has taken me so long to post my success. I joined GR in March 2010 and started my tree with heaps of help from lots of people. By April 2010 I had tracked down the daughter of a brother I had only briefly heard of through family talk. Anyway after more help from my newly found niece I tracked down her Dad (my brother). At 72 he was 20 years my senior and didn't know he had brothers and sisters. I made a trip from Western Australia to New Zealand and met him for the very first time, along with a bunch of nieces etc. It was a very emotional time. He later travelled to Australia where he met the rest of his sibblings. His daughters told me that they always wondered why he didn't have family and also that our meeting seemed to give him a sense of fulfilment. He was often quite ill and in September this year he passed away. I knew him for such a brief time but I am so very grateful that I got the chance to meet him before he passed away. I am now in regular contact with his daughters, my nieces. Thanks so GR for making this all possible. Good luck to everyone in their quests.