Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Samuel Bailey, vital info found

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandy

Sandy Report 3 Oct 2014 04:20

I joined Genes yesterday and posted a thread looking for help to find information about my great grandfather.
A few short months ago the only information my entire family had on Samuel Bailey born 1886 in Lancashire, England was that he came to Australia.
With extremely limited information I was able to trace his date of birth,father/mother etc, but up until yesterday I still had no information to piece together what had happened to him once he arrived in Australia.
With an overwhelming thank you to all that contributed to the thread posted (with a special mention to Chris for his breakthrough in Trove and Susan for finding his son's birth record) I have now pieced together what he did for a living and when he remarried and his death. Sidney spent a long time trying to find his father, it is just a shame he is not alive to hear this news