Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mark Duncan's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 16 Mar 2004 22:44

My name is Mark Duncan, My Fathers name is Brian John Wheeler. I have been looking for my Natural Birth Father for some years now, I have not seen or heard from him since he split up with my mother 40 years ago, I am now 42. I went onto a website where you can get Electoral Roll lists for the whole of the UK, I entered his full name and they sent me a list, there were 22 Names on that list, I sent the same letter to all of them. 2 days later I got an e-mail from one of my Fathers new sons, it was a truly magical moment opening that e-mail, I got a recorded delivery letter the next day and I am meeting him this week. I have spoken to him for over an hour on the phone and I have discovered that I have 5 more Brothers, he lives less than 40 miles of me, one of my Aunts and also one of my Uncles live within 3 miles of him, they probably have the same milkman!! I had tried loads of different ways of trying to discover where I could find him, it was only after putting my details on the, "trying to find", message board for Genes Connected, that a kindly lady replied with the suggestion of what else I could do. I am immensely grateful, well done Genes Connected, keep it up. For others out there still looking, don't give up, the internet is a very powerfull tool and should not be under estimated.