Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pauline Black's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 4 Apr 2004 14:35

I just wanted to tell my story to someone who will understand how I am feeling. I have 2 daughters, 18 and 31 and they do not share my excitement when I make another discovery about my family. Maybe when they get older they will, and I will have done the research for them. I only started a few weeks ago after The Daily Mail Saturday supplement did a three week feature on the family tree. That is how I discovered this site. Although I haven’t made any amazing finds, like lost brothers and sisters, (I’m not aware there are any to find). I am discovering new people to add to my tree each week. My best find is a 3rd cousin living in USA, and I have since exchanged e-mails with him about one branch of the family. Only today someone from the “message board” has passed on details about 5 of my grandmothers cousins living in London 1891. At the moment I am waiting for the delivery of 2 marriage certificates to help me “branch” out. I am concentrating on the English side, but my father came from Scotland, and from what I’ve gathered so far you have to use different search sites for that. I know I am going to come to a stop soon, but then I will ask the advice of people on this site as to what my best move is then. I have found people so helpful here. Good luck to everyone. Pauline