Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gloria Lynch's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 10 Apr 2004 20:54

HI, I have success at last. I have just received a letter and some photos from New Zealand. The photos are of my grandmother who we thought had drowned in 1931. She did not die until 1955. My mother had always believed her mother had drowned which is what all her family led her to believe but it turns out that her mother and father divorced and her mother remarried with 6 more children. I have now got contact with one of those children. I am going to visit my mum on Wednesday on her 77th birthday and it will be the first time she has had any news or pictures of her mum since 1931. Gloria