Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nadine Allen's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nadine

Nadine Report 12 Jun 2004 09:28

I have recently found living distant 2nd cousins of mine through Genes reunited. My brothers and I grew up with no Aunts, Uncles or Cousins to speak of due to our Mother being an only child and our Father's brother dying during the war. I only had brief notes of names on scraps of paper from my late mother and tales of relations of my grandparents. Eventually the emails to other people with relatives of the same name have come to fruition. I now look forward to meeting them at some point in the future and to keeping in touch. Thank you Genes Reunited.. And to others out there.. even though you get knock backs in your searching.. keep trying.. it's worth it..