Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Samantha Sadler's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 27 Jul 2004 12:33

After asking my Mum for some information about my "lost" Dad's family and a little bit of research and assumption making via genes reunited: to my great surprise I have found a family of which I wasn't even aware I had. From a quick typing session during my lunch break at 12.30 to returning home at 7.00, I had a reply from a cousin telling me that all my information matched and that my search was over! I must admit that those 6.5hrs were scary and exciting all at the same time. By the end of the evening I discovered I had 2 Uncles, 2 Aunts, a half Uncle and a half Aunt, many cousins and Grandmother and had knowledge of departed family members. I went from being an only child from a very small family to being included in one which needs a calculator to work out! Of course, I have also now found my Father - my Uncle has already spoken to him and we will be meeting soon. I hope that goes as smoothly as finding them all did! And now of course I have taken off my message on the "searching" part of the website. I'm very grateful to genes reunited for having such a wonderful idea and for giving me the opportunity to perhaps make some lasting relationships with my lost family.