Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BUG: Answered flag

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 7 May 2011 17:18

This does not appear to be working correctly.

Just checked back on a thread that I posted a reply on and for some strange reason my reply has been "ticked" and this then has been applied to the thread. Which makes it look like the thread is finished which it certainly is not.

Does this mean that the posted has in some way ticked my reply as I can not remove it

jax

jax Report 7 May 2011 17:28

I dont understand these marked as answered

I have just worked on one and a part of it has been ticked but no reply to say thanks ect...although I did get a pm from him

so are we now just going to get a "tick" rather than a proper thank you?

jax

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 7 May 2011 17:34

I ticked one of my own completed threads just to see how it works, but don't understand what's going on here.

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 7 May 2011 17:38

Hi Maureen,

I noticed that too....... didn't know if it was a way of saying from the OP thanks, no more.......... but it felt like a brush off for me.

It wouldn't make any sense to tick it as answered because it's not, so I wonder if there are gremlins at work??

Jax, I don't think there's a need for a marked as answered button...... after all how many times do we go back and add more if the OP has further info at a later date......... I think GR should get rid of it, cos it could be a lazy way of not having to thank the people that help out....... not that we do it for thanks, just to feed the addiction. LOL!!!

Dee x

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 8 May 2011 22:24

I agree with the recommendation that it be abandoned.

(Except for the "Living relatives" board, which is an abomination in itself anyway, but it would be too bad if someone came along and thought they could help by PM when the person had been found and the poster hadn't thought to edit their post to say so; ticking answered is at least easier, but probably won't be done by most anyway.)

We do recommend that threads be continued if info is sought on related people later, true. People are more likely to start new threads instead if they've ticked their original thread as answered.

If the people helping on a thread have found answers and the poster is satisfied, it will just sink, and anybody reading could see it's been done anyhow.

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 10 Aug 2013 22:20

cough

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Aug 2013 13:23

And it's still causing concern..............just shows how much notice GR have ever taken of their paying members