Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LINKING IN TO OTHER TREES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hannah

Hannah Report 20 May 2011 15:44

Hi, just wondering if there is a way of copying details from other people's trees when you find a match, or is it a case of copy and paste every detail individually?

With the clipboard it only seems to be within the same tree?

Thanks
Hannah

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jun 2011 21:11

Hi Hannah

Did you get any replies on how to do this as i am trying to do same?

Regards
Angela

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 6 Jun 2011 11:46

Be aware that not everyone verifies their trees and so therefore the information you wish to copy may not be fact but a supposition or just copied from someone else without every checking that it is correct. You only need to look at the public trees on ancestry to see how many just copy and paste the wrong information about their trees from someone else.

I use other peoples trees as a possible lead and only consider entering any information into my tree once I have checked it out. Without evidence they are never added.

It should also be pointed out that this board is supposed to be for making suggestions to GR about site improvement.

Another reason to change the board name to something less ambiguous :-)