Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ENH: Add ignore matches button for person

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gai

Gai Report 29 May 2011 02:20

GR, I would like an ignore button (like ancestry) so when I have a record match that really isn't then I can click on ignore so it doesn't show it again.

For example my grandmother Irene Hodge was born in Sydney in 1908 so the two birth records for the UK isn't her. I do have listed in my tree that she was born in Sydney so these can't be right.

Also, I have a number of record matches for the 1911 census so GR tells me but when I click on them it then tells me there are 0 matches. I do know that I have no match on the 1911 census for these ancestors as they weren't even in the UK at census time, they were all here in Oz.

Gai

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 29 May 2011 08:36

I agree Gai that would be brilliant

Like you I have phantom matches for record on my tree and when clicked I get 0 records found

Gai

Gai Report 29 May 2011 11:59

Hey TF,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having these matches that aren't matches at all.

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 3 Jun 2011 10:58

Nudge

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Jun 2011 21:01

Not quite sure where the 'Ignore' button is needed.

Are we talking about Hot Matches, or something else altogether?

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 3 Jun 2011 21:41

In your tree under each person is the boxes which says how many records they appear in and how many trees that particular person appears in. On the record matches there are instances where in my tree it gives a record match for my gggrandfather in the records on this site. However, he was Scottish and never left Scotland. I have all his records from Scotlands people but this site says there are 4 record matches but when I click on it it opens the match of probable matches with a message no matches found. So having an ignore button for the tree matches would hopefully result in not getting notifications in the tree for matches we know to be false

Gai

Gai Report 29 Jun 2011 04:41

Nudging this thread up so hopefully Phil will see it.