Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

reverting to page one after editing in a thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 31 May 2011 19:01

Me again ... This is something that started after one of the reorgs, a few months ago.

When one is on page 267 of a thread and one edits one's post (less necessary now with the elimination of random emoticon generation), one is flung back to page 1 of the thread.

Why? It never used to be the case.

When I'm posting on page 267, I have no desire to go back to page 1 and either navigate my way back forward through the page listings or backpage to where I was and reload. Time-wasting!

It's just as pointless when a thread is only 2 pages long. I've posted on page 2, I've edited my post on page 2, and I want to stay on page 2.

Any chance of a reversion to the former status quo?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 May 2011 19:37

agreed!

It is annoying to always be sent back to p.1 after editing

sylvia

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 31 May 2011 20:07

Agreed,

it's a bit like playing monopoly and you get to the final straight only to land on a chance square and be told to Go Back to Old Kent Road (English Version).

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Jun 2011 04:00

any chance of this being fixed?

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 2 Jun 2011 06:49

Sylvia, poor Phil, give 'im two minutes!

He answered a PM from me on his cell phone today. ;-)

(Don't all PM him at once now, seriously; this wasn't about board matters -- we could be 5th cousins-in-law or something, you know! Just like me and Brian in Essex ... somewhat to both our chagrins ...)