Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

reverting to page one after editing in a thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 31 May 2011 19:01

Me again ... This is something that started after one of the reorgs, a few months ago.

When one is on page 267 of a thread and one edits one's post (less necessary now with the elimination of random emoticon generation), one is flung back to page 1 of the thread.

Why? It never used to be the case.

When I'm posting on page 267, I have no desire to go back to page 1 and either navigate my way back forward through the page listings or backpage to where I was and reload. Time-wasting!

It's just as pointless when a thread is only 2 pages long. I've posted on page 2, I've edited my post on page 2, and I want to stay on page 2.

Any chance of a reversion to the former status quo?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 May 2011 19:37

agreed!

It is annoying to always be sent back to p.1 after editing

sylvia

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 31 May 2011 20:07

Agreed,

it's a bit like playing monopoly and you get to the final straight only to land on a chance square and be told to Go Back to Old Kent Road (English Version).

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Jun 2011 04:00

any chance of this being fixed?

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 2 Jun 2011 06:49

Sylvia, poor Phil, give 'im two minutes!

He answered a PM from me on his cell phone today. ;-)

(Don't all PM him at once now, seriously; this wasn't about board matters -- we could be 5th cousins-in-law or something, you know! Just like me and Brian in Essex ... somewhat to both our chagrins ...)