Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ENH: Move A-Z Hobbies thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jun 2011 16:51

Not being picky but how come the A-Z of hobbies is on the General chat board. Not bothered either way but I would hope for some continuity if the rest are on a special board.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jun 2011 21:35

Just to make it clear, although I put this thread up I did not RR the thread on Gen chat, I hoped this thread would be sufficient for gR to move the A-Z to the correct board.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 5 Jun 2011 21:50

And then there's "Answer a question with a question". ;-)

Hopefully arrangements can be made so that "Request transfer to another board" will be an option on OPs (only), and then the dropdown choices for the reasons for the request would be the board names.

The text of the OP wouldn't have to be deleted pending review, and nobody would even have to know a request had been made.

Bit clunky, admittedly.

Maybe the "report as abuse" could be changed to "request review".

Then the dropdown choices could include "wrong board" ... but there'd have to be a way of making it so the text didn't get deleted pending review if the reason was a transfer request ...

Oh well, that part's above our pay grade. :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jun 2011 21:21

Nothing seems to have been done about this.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 6 Jun 2011 21:55

I don't think anyone can have a complaint if someone RR's it now that there's a dedicated board for games...it's weird that it hasn't gone with the others though.

...and it wasn't me either who RR'd it as I'm too lazy..but if I wasn't I probably would've done...I've made no secret of the fact that the A-Z's did my head in !!! :-D

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 6 Jun 2011 22:36

I think that they are unable at the moment to transfer threads between boards but are working on it

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 6 Jun 2011 22:53

Why's that then? They managed it when they changed the boards about a few weeks ago? x

Joy

Joy Report 6 Jun 2011 23:06

Genes reunited staff seemed able to merge boards at a particular time, but now seem unable to move or merge threads; don't know why they can't do this as all other sites I visit do so. eek emoticon

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jun 2011 12:47

Goodness Ice, as soon as I see a post from you starting 'no offence' I know it is going to criticize something i have done or said. I am not bothered either way but understood they could move threads and thought it would be better for those who liked the A-Zs to have them all in one place in order that they could find and enjoy them. For their convenience not mine. And I wondered if this post had been missed. Sorry not to have spelled it out before. :-) :-)