Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Success Stories board format

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 5 Jun 2011 21:42

I liked it when the board read like one flat thread -- all the posts could be read by looking at the board, without having to click on individual posts.

I used to look at it every week or so, a quick read through people's happy endings.

Frankly, I'm never going to bother clicking on individual posts to read them, and then back to the board, lather rinse repeat.

So I imagine not many other people are going to either.

The Success Stories board is a bit of good publicity for the site, and also lets people know how other members have had success -- searching trees and contacting relations, posting on the boards and getting help from other members, etc.

Also, it was easy to spot the posts that didn't belong there -- people asking for help -- and I've often sent off a quick PM to suggest posting on a help board instead, and sometimes even got thanks back from confused newbies.

I am failing to see the reason for the new format!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Jun 2011 22:12

I haven't looked at the Success Board since it went into the new format