Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Animated Smileys and video uploading

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 7 Jun 2011 09:43

Please :-) and also the ability to upload photos on board pages

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 7 Jun 2011 14:05

Wow!

I feel honoured....The only post on here with no others.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 7 Jun 2011 14:17

Well give the stroppy Canadians a chance to come on line! ;-)

I have whined about how I want my animated :rofl: thingyface -- but actually I hate animated gifs and I would campaign against them.

Whenever they appear on a board I am reading, I hasten to "adblock" them. This means I don't see them in any post where they appear, so I don't get the full gist/effect of what's being said. I just can't stand things moving around on my monitor.

I'm a real minimalist. I already adblock all the extraneous graphics on this page (the new posts / no new posts things, avatars, the banner ads for sister sites at the top -- orange and purple, how gawdawful does it get -- is that top hat guy still there? ...).

If we get animated gifs, I promise to put the aunt crawling across the screen on every one of my posts!

:rofl:

er ... that's "ant" ...

I am of two minds about pics. It would be nice to be able to show people on Find Ancestors a pic of something they're asking about. But I just know that threads would become a mass of pictorial splendour and I'd be spending half my life scrolling ...

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 7 Jun 2011 14:39

At last....Now I feel lurved :-D

Well at least a ROFL one sometimes those we have seem so inadequate

I would never have put you down as a minimalist Janey :-D