Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Animated Smileys and video uploading

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 7 Jun 2011 14:39

At last....Now I feel lurved :-D

Well at least a ROFL one sometimes those we have seem so inadequate

I would never have put you down as a minimalist Janey :-D

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 7 Jun 2011 14:17

Well give the stroppy Canadians a chance to come on line! ;-)

I have whined about how I want my animated :rofl: thingyface -- but actually I hate animated gifs and I would campaign against them.

Whenever they appear on a board I am reading, I hasten to "adblock" them. This means I don't see them in any post where they appear, so I don't get the full gist/effect of what's being said. I just can't stand things moving around on my monitor.

I'm a real minimalist. I already adblock all the extraneous graphics on this page (the new posts / no new posts things, avatars, the banner ads for sister sites at the top -- orange and purple, how gawdawful does it get -- is that top hat guy still there? ...).

If we get animated gifs, I promise to put the aunt crawling across the screen on every one of my posts!

:rofl:

er ... that's "ant" ...

I am of two minds about pics. It would be nice to be able to show people on Find Ancestors a pic of something they're asking about. But I just know that threads would become a mass of pictorial splendour and I'd be spending half my life scrolling ...

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 7 Jun 2011 14:05

Wow!

I feel honoured....The only post on here with no others.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 7 Jun 2011 09:43

Please :-) and also the ability to upload photos on board pages