Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my tree will not open

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steve

Steve Report 16 Jun 2011 08:03

help my tree will not open what can i do please

Kense

Kense Report 16 Jun 2011 08:39

Steve, you need to use the Contact Us entry from the Help drop down menu (above left). Do check the FAQ part in case your question is answered there.

Ken

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 16 Jun 2011 12:10

Funnily enough, though I don't seem to have been as affected as others by many of the reported problems, my tree wouldn't open last night. It flashed on then straight off again. very strange. I had to fiddle a bit to get it to stay on.

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Feb 2013 04:53

I Can't open my tree i was wondering how to do open it regards Margaret

Simon

Simon Report 19 Feb 2013 16:36

My tree has just opened fine.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Feb 2013 18:29

Assuming there isn't an outage with the site, which is likely to affect all users, the main reason your tree fails to load whilst others are ok, is because your browser cache is full to brimming.

Clear out your browser temp files, and try again.

And, as Ken has stated. if the problem is ongoing it needs to be reported to GR Support. This forum is primarily intended for suggestions for enhancements and new features to the site.

GR Support can also be contacted directly by email at this address: [email protected]

Heather

Heather Report 17 Sep 2013 20:48

Can't access my tree, was working fine earlier today. Also forgotten how to access Parish Records that I subscribed to on Genes Reunited. Please help. Thanks, Heather.

Heather

Heather Report 17 Sep 2013 20:49

Can't access my tree, was working fine earlier today. Also forgotten how to access Parish Records that I subscribed to on Genes Reunited. Please help. Thanks, Heather.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Sep 2013 11:06

Under the search Tab, select Birth Marriages and Deaths.
Enter the person's name and approx year of the event

Look to the left on the results page (in Green). If there are any parish records, click on those titles to see the results

For instance - enter John Banner, Kent (no year to get the maximum results. Add a year to filter)

Births, Marriages & Deaths collections

Births & Baptisms 22 matches
Deaths & Burials 14 matches
Marriages & Divorces 13 matches

Then either look at all the preview result, or click on the event type to filter

As to your tree.......... log out then back in.
If that doesn't work to clear the problem, follow IGP advise as above