Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CMT: Time to review a report; repeated review

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 16 Jun 2011 19:11

Some requests seem to be taking quite a while to receive a review. One on the general chat board has been two days' awaiting a decision.

This one http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/suggestions/thread/1269457
has been waiting since May.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 17 Jun 2011 13:09

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1271524 has been waiting three days for review.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 17 Jul 2011 18:09

This one had a review requested after which the initial post was reinstated; it is six days now since a review was requested again.

- http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1274077?d=asc

jax

jax Report 18 Jul 2011 15:40

After several days of this thread being under review it was again re-instated this morning and yet again it has now been reported

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1274077?d=asc

Please sort this out

Edit - well that did not take long this time....back up and running :-)

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 18 Jul 2011 17:45

Given Phil Moir's efforts to add some structure to this board and limit it to four categories:-

ENH: Enhancement suggestions,
BUG: Bug reports,
CMT: Comments (like thanks for doing change or we like/don't like the change)
QST: Questions (What is x?)

might it not be better to stop posting operational / site management issues on here and either report them directly to GR Support or put on Genealogy Chat, as appropriate?

If we keep this board clear of clutter then it might help GR developers to see the wood from the trees and get on with the work of sorting out bugs and enhancing the functionality of the site.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 18 Jul 2011 17:48

Or, post them on FaceBook.....?

jax

jax Report 18 Jul 2011 17:51

I dont understand BUG and all that stuff maybe its a man thing?

Why post on Facebook they are not interested there either

Genealogy Chat???? is this anything to do with genealogy? I dont think so

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 18 Jul 2011 18:20

BUG means that the software is not working as expected. For example you click on General Chat but you get Find Ancestors

Critical comments on the way in which the site is managed on Facebook (which is public) are more likely to get a reaction from GR management than ones hidden away on the Suggestions Board, which as I have said, is intended for discussing software enhancements, not day to day operational issues.

Gins

Gins Report 18 Jul 2011 18:21

After many emails to GR support and getting the same reply for whatever my question is 'which browser are you using) I find that posting where Phil can see it works sooo much better :-D

He reads this board and if I wanted anything done I would post here....Phil is a little star and listens to members and acts

We just need more people at GR like Phil!

Jax, I would guess 'BUG' means some sort of tech problem?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 18 Jul 2011 18:27

Ginny,

Yes, report Techy problems on here as they are BUGS - no issue with that.

What I term operational issues, i.e why haven't GR reveiwed this thread in 26 hours and 57 minutes, Not for here - nothing to do with Phil.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 18 Jul 2011 18:32

"Or, post them on FaceBook.....?"
- pointless. Anything remotely construed as criticism of genes reunited is removed from its page in facebook.

jax

jax Report 18 Jul 2011 18:35

I think this is the place to get the management to sort out who this idiot is who is reporting the same post as soon as it has been reinstated.

Do you use Facebook IGP? if so have you seen them say anything apart from contact support ect

Yes Ginny I would think that is what it means but that is not what the problem is about.

jax... who is not interested in anything technical

patchem

patchem Report 18 Jul 2011 18:43

Lots of people do not belong to facebook and see no reason to join just so they can comment about something on here.

Gins

Gins Report 18 Jul 2011 18:46

In the ideal world IGP, I would agree with you, but as I said earlier, you get no 'joy' with emailing support

Phil has solved two of my issues so Im affraid he has made a rod for his own back....however he is really appreciated

Reporting problems on FB.......falls orf chair laughing

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 19 Jul 2011 09:46

Repeated review - possibly three times now? - http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1274077
If the content is disliked so much by a member / members, but it is reinstated each time and, therefore, considered within the T & C, perhaps genes reunited would care to put it in a sticky posted by themselves?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Jul 2011 10:56

The suggestion to use Facebook was as another option. If FB is not for you then don't use it.

Other members have commented on here several times that reporting on FB can get a far quicker response than going through the GR site so why not use it if it gets results?