Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancesters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 17 Jun 2011 20:00

Why if I go on Ancestry.Com I can find my relations quite easly. But if I put them on Genes Reunited it always comes up no match even if I have correct details?

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 17 Jun 2011 20:53

It all comes down to the transcriptions, they may be mistranscribed on this site. However, I think that GR do not hold the records and are directed to another site. I would imagine FindmyPast as this is the same group.

Joanne

Joanne Report 17 Jun 2011 21:15

I have found the same the thing with my family. I have the record number etc and know the records are on another site but unable to locate the records here. I have tried alot of possible variations on the rare surname and remain unsuccessful. :-S

Gai

Gai Report 18 Jun 2011 03:49

GR had a number of census records disappeared when they changed providers.

I used to be able to find my gt gt grandfathers 1861 census record but now its been whooshed. It was here on the site in 2009 but disappeared sometime during 2010. When I contacted GR they said the new provider has better image copies and even though I provided them with all the details it hasn't reappeared.

The image is available on Ancestry but not on FMP. Lucky I saved a copy to my computer while I had Gold membership. I have done a basic search and I believe the whole page is missing so that doesn't help any new member.

Gai