Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Malicious or frivolous referrals

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Flick

Flick Report 27 Jun 2011 21:39

To try to reduce the number of such referrals, it would be a good idea if the name of the person making the referral could be displayed..........together with the selected 'reason' for so doing.

If you are unable/unwilling to display the person's board name.........the 'reason' would at least be a helpful indicator.

If this has already been suggested, I apologise, but I don't feel like ploughing through the posts on this board........many of which are NOT actually suggestions

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 27 Jun 2011 21:53

Flick

This has already been suggested and regarding name of person making referral will not be revealed so not to cause any trouble

Their is a thread somewhere on this board regarding it and Phil Moir is looking into changing the options etc.

Which i think it will be a good thing and i feel like i am sure others do something needs to be done

As i have read some of them and cant see anything wrong with them gone to look at another thread

Then i find the one i have just read has been referred but i also feel although i am not blaming them non paying members should not be allowed to report a post

Although i must admit i have out just found out that they have this facility available to them

Gai

Gai Report 27 Jun 2011 23:07

I believe some sort of message to say why it was reported is a good idea. Not only for the poster but also to others reading the post.

Gai

philmoir

philmoir Report 28 Jun 2011 00:21

Hi Flick, Thanks for the suggestion. It has been reported before, and I agree with posting the reason why a referral is made, but posting the person's name may be counter productive. We are taken more interest in the reporters to prevent it being abused. For a detailed list of things we are reviewing, see my long post on this thread.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/suggestions/thread/1270425?page=6

Although it is great to hear the same comments coming through, since this suggestion is a duplication, I will lock this thread and recommend any further comments be posted to the thread via the link above.