Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BUG: Hot matches not matching on location

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judith

Judith Report 28 Jun 2011 21:40

While I have found useful connections on GR ; why do you send dozens of people names born in England, when it clearly states they were born in Australia.
Please save our time and your time/
Regards
Judith

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 28 Jun 2011 22:03

Do you mean hot matches ?

philmoir

philmoir Report 29 Jun 2011 00:14

Hot matches should be taking into account location. We did make this change a while back and we need to check if the ones you are seeing are ones created before this change, or do we still have a bug allowing some to slip through the net.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Jun 2011 01:34

phil

I think we are all still getting very strange matches for Hot Matches

I know that it is difficult because birth place information is added in all sorts of different ways

but matching Buckinghamshire with Devon, or Yorkshire with Scotland, etc etc, is still happening.

Then add the name problem to it ........... aaaaarrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh

sylvia
:-D

Gai

Gai Report 29 Jun 2011 04:23

Hi Judith,

If you mean records matches I totally agree and have already suggested an ignore button.

It's very frustrating to say the least and I think it's the downfall the the website being totally UK based.

Gai :-)