Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Search Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

poodles

poodles Report 6 Jul 2011 19:11

On & off for a while now I have been trying to use search records, but a lot of the time the records have come up with No results found ,so earlier this evening I clicked on search records & I put in my nieces full name & the year of her birth & the area she was registered in, & guess what, search records came up with no results so I deleted my nieces christian name & just left all the other relivant details but, once again it came up with no results for the name & date I have put in. I know the details I have put in are correct because my niece lives with me & my family & has done since she was a few weeks old.can anyone tell me what is happening on the search records has anyone else had any problems ?
Regards Poodles

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Jul 2011 19:43

It depends on WHEN she was born

No records are available on the internet after 2005

so if she was born after that year, then she will not show up

If she was born before 2005, then you could try the following

Do a free search on ancestry, which carries records from July 1 1837 to 2005, and see if she shows up on there ......... you will need a sub in order to see the details, but at least this should tell you whether the records are there.

Then you can take it up with GR

sylvia

poodles

poodles Report 6 Jul 2011 20:34

Thankyou Sylvia my niece was born 2nd August 1964 she came to live with us after the death of her parents when she was a few weeks old, I have also tried other people a lot come up with the right answer but some do not seem to have ever been born married or died I will get on to GR & see what is happening thankyou for all your invaluble help
regards poodles