Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Watched Threads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sonya

Sonya Report 15 Jul 2011 02:27

I used to get notification of replies to my Watched Threads, but I don't any longer.

I still get notification of PM's, just not watched threads. Is it just me, or has something changed?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Jul 2011 16:47

If you click on "My watched threads" on the left of the screen, when your watched threads come up do they all have ticks in the box under "watch"?

I think you maybe should have put this on Genealogy Chat rather than Suggestions.

Kath. x

Sonya

Sonya Report 18 Jul 2011 10:47

Norifications of watched threads isn't working at the moment. I emailed support and got this message -

"I am afraid we have temporarily turned these alerts of notifications off from the site at the moment. You will have to log on to the site and reach each thread to check for new posts. I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused. This will be turned back on soon."

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 18 Jul 2011 14:19

So, it looks like an operational issue, rather than a suggestion for a software enhancement, which is what this board is really intended for.

Sonya

Sonya Report 22 Jul 2011 15:23

You know, it doesn't matter how hard I try, I always get told off for posting on the wrong board.

I do apologise for not being perfect. Perhaps I should just give up, because I can't see me ever getting it right.

I asked if something had changed, with watched threads because if it had, I wanted to suggest that it went back to the way it was - i.e. restore email notification.

To my mind that belonged on the suggestion board.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Jul 2011 16:00

Sorry Sonya

I really wasn't "telling you off". If you had just asked if GR could go back to how they used to do things then I would have thought that should be on Suggestions board, but as you were asking if things had changed I thought it should have been on Genealogy Chat.

I did try to answer your question - even though it may not have been a very good answer. Please don't give up because of my answer to you.

Kath. x

Sonya

Sonya Report 22 Jul 2011 16:47

I know I could have expressed myself better in my original post ....... and I do appreciate that you tried to help me, Kath.

It's just that this has happened so often, I've become disheartened, and I despair of ever getting it right.

Persephone

Persephone Report 13 Apr 2012 09:31

Now I am getting notifications galore re two threads I was watching.. e-mail after e-mail and telling me to untick if I no longer want them. I have removed the ticks and back comes the next e-mail so I go back and look and the ticks have reappeared and so I remove ticks again.. and round and round I go.. a wheel of misfortune..

Fed up .. ohhh yes I am. If it is not one thing it is another and now I have to post this. probably will take at least two goes. Took me five to even get on to GR today.

And all my sinuses are clear.. nothing there to hamper it.

Persie

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Apr 2012 11:52

how do I turn off emails about postings to boards?

I don't need them! I have to delete loads of messages every time I open my mailbox.

Thelma

Thelma Report 13 Apr 2012 12:34

To remove the tick from "watched threads" you first have to remove the tick and then go to bottom of page and click "UPDATE"

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Apr 2012 18:40

I should have explained better.

Every thread I add to, I get an email, not just my watched threads. I think I've only got two watched threads.

Why do we get these emails? If we're interested in a subject we go back and look.

Same with emails notifying of messages on GR - I don't need those emails either.

Persephone

Persephone Report 14 Apr 2012 02:16

Thank you Thelma. I do exactly that .. success update blah blah and then another message.. it has only just started happening before I could have a watched thread ticked an no notification at all.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 14 Apr 2012 03:33

geez, those bugs in my brain are making bigger and bigger holes :-(

I didn't bother reading the emails about the board postings, now I realise they were about watched posts. DUH!

All fixed now........... unticked boxes, now I only have one watched thread.

Thankyou for being patient :-D