Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CMT. re 'Helpers', It has become very clear

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 20 Jul 2011 06:12

It's not just new members breaking the rules, either....!

However if it is there to see in black and white then there should be no arguments when it is pointed out to them.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jul 2011 22:01

I think it should be stated so that in the event of somebody being unpleasant they can at least be directed to the information.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 19 Jul 2011 21:56

Oh I doubt it would work Ice Ice Baby lol, but at least it would be coming from GR 'officially' ...and since they take the money they should be seen to be consistent in their guidance on all the boards I think.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 19 Jul 2011 13:05

Very good point

Also that members that help on the boards are using their own paid subscriptions to provide the information

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 19 Jul 2011 11:54

since the introduction of the Living relatives board that new members seem largely unaware that the people helping them with searches are paying members who do so voluntarily.

This is made 'reasonably' clear on 'Find Ancestors' ie "Give as much detail as possible when explaining who you are trying to find. All known information will make it much easier for volunteer helpers to help you."

Can an indication that ALL helpers are volunteer paying members be added to the 'LR ' guidance ? I believe many new posters to that board have joined in the aftermath of the tv programme and as such incorrectly believe GR staff are the ones helping.