Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Delete Contacts - Delete related messages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 10 Jan 2012 09:46

Just tested it by removing a contact I no longer need and all related messages were hidden as well.

So, looks a though it is now working again.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 9 Jan 2012 08:57

I had this problem during the recent site revamp. Phil Moir managed to remove them for me.

Anne

Anne Report 9 Jan 2012 07:51

I agree - I'm sure it used to happen previously; but not now.
I am back using the site after a long break and I would really love to clean up all my old and non-usable message threads.
Please bring back the system where you delete a contact and it will automatically delete anything relating to them!
Thank you :-0

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 10 Aug 2011 15:24

I'm pretty sure that is how it used to work, delete a contact and you lost sight of any messages between yourselves and any tree access either of you had. Re-establish the contact than the messages re-appeared.

Sounds as though something might have changed recently.

Sophie

Sophie Report 9 Aug 2011 19:15

I agree with this suggestion - it is very difficult to keep up with deletions, especially when the tree is large and contacts are numerous

Joanne

Joanne Report 8 Aug 2011 13:43

When deleting a 'Contact' it would be nice to have the option to delete related messages to keep the content of the Inbox and sent box down.

House keeping again!

Regards, Jo