Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GIFT FOR BIRTH MOTHER??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CasCas

CasCas Report 11 Aug 2011 20:00

Hi

A dear friend of mine has recently found his birth mother after 52 years (he was adopted aged 6wks). They are both absolutely delighted and are arranging to meet in the next few weeks.

He's really nervous and I thought it would be nice if he took her some sort of token or gift to help break the ice a little.

Can anyone suggest any suitable ideas of something he could take along on their first meeting?

Thanks
Cassie :-)

jax

jax Report 11 Aug 2011 20:49

I am no good at prezzies but you should have posted this on the General chat board.

This board is for suggestions you want to make to Genes Reunited

jax

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 11 Aug 2011 20:54

I really shouldn't be responding to this as it's on the wrong board but I couldn't resist. Surely photos of himself as a child is what she'd most like to see? Along with a bunch of flowers, maybe.

CasCas

CasCas Report 11 Aug 2011 22:46

Hi
Thanks

I wasnt sure which board to use but saw the word Suggestions so went for this one.
Think the idea of a few piccies - maybe depicting a bit of is life's history in an album would be nice - he's been in the forces and the police so piccies in uniform would be good.

Best wishes
Cas :-)