Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

REQ: Missing thread - RESTORED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 25 Aug 2011 22:08

You kindly found a thread by Izzy that had gone missing. Please would you do the same for one that had been in the tips board for a long time, then the genealogy chat board, posted by Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins. It contained a great deal of helpful advice, hints and tips about researching Irish ancestry.

Please see in the genealogy chat board:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1278359

I know that threads can be found again now; I have faith in you. Thank you.

Joy

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 29 Aug 2011 14:31

Any news, please, Phil? :)

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 29 Aug 2011 19:03

In case it is lurking somewhere and someone sees it - it is called

"INFORMATION ONLY for those Searching for IRISH "

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 30 Aug 2011 09:14

It can't be far away. People are using it and nudging it for others all the time. Why has it just disappeared. No one mentioned it as being reported.

As I said before it is one of the most useful threads for researching Irish ancestors.

Edit. I have sent an email to GR requesting the thread be restored.

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 30 Aug 2011 12:20

Am I dreaming or has Teresa's thread returned!!!??

philmoir

philmoir Advisor Report 30 Aug 2011 12:34

Apologies to all for not dealing with this sooner. But yes, I restored the thread this morning. (Just reviewing the suggestions board postings at the moment).

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/951721

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 30 Aug 2011 20:51

Thank you, Phil, for finding it.

"INFORMATION ONLY for those Searching for IRISH " is one of the threads that I would suggest to go in an information board, if it ever happens. I do remember that you mentioned the possibility of some information threads being put in a blog but, personally, I would anticipate more people looking at an information board rather than blogs :)

You may lock this now if you wish :)