Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Success Stories

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 9 Sep 2011 22:52

I have now reported 3 threads on the Success Stories, 2 by the same poster..... each OP was a newbie.............. however these cheeky so and so's are advertising some rubbish!!!!

Maybe it's time to"vet" these stories to prevent this rubbish being on the boards.

GR have emailed me regarding my first report to inform me that this person has been banned, but nothing stops them using a new email account, so it's seems to me that these stories need to be vetted prior to them being put on the boards.

Not going to be around until tomorrow and no doubt by then more "rubbish" will be on the Success Board.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Sep 2011 23:13

That was the one board that I thought GR vetted before the posting appeared but obviously not

Andrew

Andrew Report 9 Sep 2011 23:16

Lloks like it was spam that turns up on any forum board from time to time. Usually the posters don't reappear after the rubbish has been removed. But how did it get on the success stories board??

Andy

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Sep 2011 00:32

Just reported one on Sucess Board

Advertising the same company but a different member name

So 4 so far tonight

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Sep 2011 00:45

GR did used to vet postings on the Success board ....... it would take at least 1-2 days for postings to appear, sometimes as long as a week.

Obviously this has stopped ...... or someone in "head office" doesn't understand!

sylvia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Sep 2011 01:45

crikey

this is ongoing

Just reported 4 more ........ and of those was posted while I was reporting another of them!

sylvia

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Sep 2011 08:31

More have appeared overnight

Thats what I thought Sylvia that the postings took 2-3 days to appear on the Success Board

Wonder why they changed it

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 10 Sep 2011 08:51

Oh dear........... what a pain this is.

Looks like GR are going to have to start vetting them again, only problem though is they could do it on any of the boards and they would fill these up so quick!!!

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Sep 2011 08:54

Are they paying membership to do it ?

If so are they all using the same credit card ?

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 10 Sep 2011 08:55

So now there are 14 on the board! How many more!!???!!!

Doesn't GR realise that when members join they will look there and see this garbage.... what will this make them think, I know......... that it looks like a 2 bit site.

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 10 Sep 2011 09:01

I reported some yesterday and more this morning.

I do wonder if they are paying a membership fee each time, or can they post on Success without being a paid member.

Have a happy day.

Elisabeth x

Edit: I think the body of the mail should be removed from the titles listing - they are still gettting some coverage until the post is removed from the Success titles board. It seems odd to leave it there but not on the item.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Sep 2011 09:04

Bit of a theme going on if you click on the board names

Endings on name if you want to send them a message

1985-8-10
1988-10-10
1985-2-28

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 10 Sep 2011 09:11

Just got OH to join and guess what I've posted for FREE on the Success board!!!! That's why there's this rubbish then!!

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 10 Sep 2011 09:13

Thanks for doing this - just demonstrates what I suspected.

All I want to know is why is this possible. It seems idiotic to me, but then what do I know?

Elisabeth x

wisechild

wisechild Report 10 Sep 2011 12:07

No real idea if it´s possible, but are these sneaking in via Facebook/Twitter in the same way that things from this site filter through the other way?
Don´t personally belong to any social networking site & have no desire to do so, so it´s just a theory.

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 10 Sep 2011 12:26

PigletsPal you do not need to subscribe to post on the success stories board, only be a free member. Also just because some may not look at that board is no reason for others not to do so. Some enjoy reading the success stories especially if they have helped with search.

It should not be up to members to monitor the content of the board especially when we are paying subs to use the site and when GR are so anti moderation.

Andrew

Andrew Report 10 Sep 2011 13:25

All offending posts now seem to have disappeared

Andy

jax

jax Report 10 Sep 2011 19:15

It's started again :-)

And why should free members be allowed to post...how daft

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Sep 2011 21:46

I suppose eventually they will get fed up and go away

SylviaInCanada