Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 13 Sep 2011 22:49

Why cannot I find my grandparents on the 1901 census on this site when I can find them on Ancestry on the 1901 census. Any ideas??

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Sep 2011 00:30

different transcription may have led to a different reading of the name, leading to a mis-spelling

you may be putting in too much information

why not post a question on the Find Ancestors board, and see if someone can help you by repeating your search?

sylvia

Anthony

Anthony Report 14 Sep 2011 15:28

Sylvia,Thanks, I have tried all different combinations of names etc, and other family members still no luck, must just be a glitch.Will keep trying!!
Tony.

philmoir

philmoir Report 14 Sep 2011 15:30

Have sent PM to Anthony asking for further details. Will make sure that our search is working as expected and/or transcription error.

philmoir

philmoir Report 14 Sep 2011 17:21

It is a mis-transcription. If you search for John Sharps (when you see the image you can actually understand how this happened). I have logged a request to have this corrected.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/records.page/transcription/e1901transcribeddetails/15012318?searchhistorykey=28480832&surname=sharps&forename=john