Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Military section on discusion boards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pete

Pete Report 14 Sep 2011 18:11

Do you think it would be a good idea to have a Military section on your community boards. With the 100th aniversary of the First War on the 04/08/2014 I think it would be very well used.
Pete

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Sep 2011 19:57

not sure that I agree

There are plenty of sites dedicated to WW1 and WW2, with much expertise

and yes, I do have family members who served in WW1, thankfully, all that I have found so far did survive.

sylvia

Pete

Pete Report 14 Sep 2011 20:07

I know that there are many sites devoted to both wars. But there are also a lot of people who use this site that will be able to help those in need of information , And it does not have to be restricted to the 2 world wars or just to those that gave their lives.
Pete

Lesley48

Lesley48 Report 14 Sep 2011 22:23

I'd like to see information on here. It could be geared towards what members want/need.

Lesley48

Lesley48 Report 14 Sep 2011 22:23

I'd like to see information on here. It could be geared towards what members want/need.

Kense

Kense Report 17 Sep 2011 08:28

Unfortunately many members have difficulty deciding what board to post on. Any further message boards would create more confusion for them. :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Sep 2011 19:44

Ken

I think I agree with you there!

sylvia

Mariian

Mariian Report 20 Sep 2011 12:11

RE WILLIAM BAILEY B 1886 WEST BROMWICH LIVED IN ECKINGTON AND DINNINGTON..HE SERVED IN THE ARMY MEDICAL CORPS IN BELGIUM
DURING THE 1ST WORLD WAR (he has almost always been a serving officer in St Johns Ambulance Service at home which is why he was sent as a medic..This is the only info I can remember He was born ECKINGTON lived
DINNINGTON YORKSHIRE from which place his family were living when he enrolled Bill Bailey is not the best name to research I would be so grateful for help please MARIAN PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN

Kense

Kense Report 20 Sep 2011 15:58

Mariiian, if you want that question answered you need to repost it on the Find Ancestors board.

Ken