Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

dads brouthers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tracey

tracey Report 4 Oct 2011 23:10

how can i find my dads brothers when i have no names i now he has them... or his mom and dads name

Crystall

Crystall Report 5 Oct 2011 00:31

If you put your post into the ''''Find Ancestors " I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

jax

jax Report 5 Oct 2011 18:00

If your father and his brothers were born in England or Wales before approx 1955 you should find the births here

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Find your fathers birth then look for any siblings by entering fathers surname and mothers maiden name

To find the marriage just click marriage instead of birth

Hopefully the names are not too common

jax

tracey

tracey Report 10 Oct 2011 09:57

thanks.... i found his birth and mothers maid name but thats it ..this looks so easy on tv

jax

jax Report 10 Oct 2011 13:11

So have you entered

surname>>>>(smith)

Mothers surname>>>>(Jones)

find

Or are these names very common?

Joy

Joy Report 10 Oct 2011 15:01

"thanks.... i found his birth and mothers maid name but thats it ..this looks so easy on tv" - so now you can send for the certificate :)

Re so easy on tv - yes, unfortunately, that is a problem with such programmes as who do you think you are; a lot of the research work is done for the celebrities without having shown how and where it has been done.